Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I’m baaaacccckkkk!!!!!

Hey everyone,

It’s true. I’m back in the blogging world. My hiatus has really been the result of my career kicking off. I graduated last year and was home for a few months, much to chagrin of my mom. I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything because I was so heavily involved in my blog; posting, responding to comments and completing a reading list kept my quite busy during the day. However since my blog is a non-profit project, I had to find some way to contribute. I have since found a job as a Business Development Assistant (P.S my degree is in Communication and History) and it’s going well thus far.

Fellow bloggers who are also employed can attest to the fact that working and blogging do not necessarily go hand in hand. There were times where I tried to do some reading on my commute to work but most times I just found myself staring out of the window or planning my day. By the time I got home, I was so tired that I could not find the energy to pick up a book or attend to my blog.

 However it is hard to just create something and give it up without feeling as though you are missing a part of yourself. That is exactly what happened to me. Every day I thought about the blog, the reading that I could have been doing, the characters and storylines I would have been exposed to and the hours I would have spent visiting some of my favourite blogs. It is for those reasons that I decided to restart blogging.

Though I have restarted blogging, I have decided to take things a little lighter. Someone once said that as a book blogger, all of the stresses that we meet with reading deadlines and huge reading piles are really created by US the book blogger. I have certainly taken this into consideration and I really want to do things differently. I am thankful to all of those great book blogging friends I have made last year. You guys are certainly an awesome group and I am so glad to be a part of this community. And to my loyal readers, thank you for sticking around and commenting even when the blog was not being updated. I hope you continue to stick around and see all of the good things that I have in store for you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.