Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eastern European Reading Challenge


Challenges......

Admittedly, I am not very successful with them. In fact my avid readers can attest to the number of hit and misses that I have had with reading challenges in the past. Yet, when I saw Amy's invitation over at Goodreads for the Eastern European Reading Challenge (albeit, three months later) i thought to myself " It is a new year, I really should give these reading challenges another, more serious shot". So I decided to sign up.

Here's what's great about this challenge:
  1. It focuses on a region that i am not too familiar with. Though great authors such as Leo Tolstoy originates from Eastern Europe (Russia to be exact), I have never gotten around to reading any of his work. As a matter of fact, i am not even sure who are some of the authors or titles that are based in this area. At the core of the challenge, readers are asked to choose titles about or authors from any one of these regions that make up Eastern Europe :
     Croatia, Ukraine, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary, Belarus, Estonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Czech Rep., Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Romania, Moldova, and Kosovo. I am keen to begin sourcing books for this challenge and I can not wait to see what everyone else chooses.
  2. Amy has done a super job creating manageable levels at which readers can achieve. These levels include Tourist (4 books spread out through 12 months), Ambassador ( 8 books spread out through 12 months) or Scholar (12 books spread out through 12 months). I am aiming for the tourist level since i am still trying to juggle a full time job and blogging.
There is no button yet but you can always copy/save the post image as I have done above and add it to your blog or website. You are also invited to encourage other readers to participate in the challenge. Just be sure to link back to Amy's fabulous blog - The Black Sheep Dances.

If you have not yet signed up for any challenges in 2011, then you should consider signing up for this one. Be sure to check out Amy's blog at The Black Sheep Dances for additional information, suggestions or comments on the Eastern European Reading Challenge. And do not forget to check back in with me to see how much progress i make with this reading challenge. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.