Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reading Update

Hi Folks,

Its been a long and hectic week and i'm now settling down to catch up with everyone and everything. I haven't had much time to read and my routine of reading on my way to work got derailed a bit since i worked some pretty weird hours starting from Tuesday. As my office is celebrating or rather commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness month i don't expect all of the hustle to die down anytime soon. So to my loyal readers who visit the site daily to read new content, please forgive me for the absence and bare with me.

I started reading Under the Poppy by Kathe Koja, a story set in a brothel in 1800 Brussels. The story has a lot of  interesting elements like love, sex and drama and so far i'm really enjoying it. It reads like something written for theater which is new for me but at the same time there are a lot of subliminal messages that you just have to stop and take note of. Its pretty good stuff. I'm hoping to have the book read and reviewed soon.

Rest assure that my Sunday meme Book Watching will be posted tomorrow so you guys can still look forward to seeing a brand new book trailer. Also my giveaway for Red Hook Road ends midnight tomorrow so don't forget to enter. It could be your lucky day.

Hope you guys had a great week.

1 comment:

jewelknits said...

Isn't it odd how going to work full-time takes away from so much else? But the PAYCHECK tends to make up for it! :)

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.