Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 Its been nine years but I remember….



Everyone will remember where they were on that faithful day. I was in my 4th period class, Human and Social Biology, when the teacher entered and made an announcement that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Centre in New York. Having been isolated from the incident it was hard for me to understand the effect that that day would have. When I got home from school that evening, the attack had been all over the news. Images of the two planes crashing were played and repeated until the images were etched into your mind. I saw people running from the areas surrounding the centre, covered in dust and smoke but more importantly I remember the tears, the gasps, the shear look for horror and shock on people’s faces. They could not believe what had just happened. Nor could I. It would take a few months for me to fully understand the reality of the situation.  Nine years later and whenever i'm in New York its hard to ignore the space that once held the Twin Towers. But I remember that day and the men and women who died as a result. I remember them and hope that they are in a better place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.