Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's up with me!!!!!

I got the idea of this blog post from my book blogger friend Cheryl @cmash loves to read. I have been on hiatus for the past four days and so I thought that I should let you guys know what I have been up to during that time.

For much of last week, I have been nursing the flu; a runny and congested nose, coughing, sneezing, and constantly feeling tired and drained. I was so thankful that I didn’t come down with a fever. I actually got the flu from my little sister (because she and I are inseparable) and the rain has done nothing to help me. I keep getting caught in it wherever I go (the showers are so unpredictable that even though I have an umbrella, I still get sprinkled from time to time). So I have been walking around like a zombie, coughing and sneezing all over my folks and having trouble breathing because of my congested nostrils. I have been trying to keep up my reading schedule but I have been feeling so miserable because of the cold that I have not done a whole lot, hence my absence from the blog and book club.

I have since then taken some medication for my cold but I still have the sniffles and I feel even more miserable because of it  : (

Additionally, my family and I have been getting my brother reading for his trip to Colombia.  He left on Saturday as part of a Student Exchange Programme with UWI. He’s going to be over there for a year teaching English at a University while being immersed in their culture and language. It’s a great opportunity for him since he is a Spanish and History major and he’s going to get a firsthand experience speaking the language. It’s also going to be great for him since he’ll be living without mum and dad for a while and more or less living the life of an adult.

Here's a picture of us at the airport.

That's my brother on the left, his best friend and me : )


I have to say that although we argue a lot, I will miss not having him around the house. We have been together since we were younger and the only thing that has separated us was the three year age difference. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he’s safe and am keeping an extra cautious eye over the situation between Venezuela and Colombia. I really just hope that he works hard and have fun.

So that’s what I have been up to for the past week or more. What’s up with you?


2 comments:

Bookventures said...

Oh, forget the date on the photo. I just got the camera and haven't had time to programme it yet.

CMash said...

Lesley-Ann:

Thank you for sharing. Hope you feel better soon. I know you told me about all the rain you get, which was an education for me, because when I think of the Caribbean, I think of tropical beaches and year round beautiful weather. You and your brother look so much alike, the same gorgeous smile !! You are beautiful!!
CMash

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.