Monday, August 9, 2010

Mailbox Monday


Dont you just love Mondays!!!! Well i sure do. I get to be a noisy neighbor (without being chastised)  and check out all the goodies that everyone got over the past week. Now Mailbox Monday is traditional hosted by Marcia@ The Printed Page however its on tour so our lovely host this month is Chick Loves Lit. If you are nosy like me (yes you are, don't try to hide it) and you want to see what everyone else got, go check out this blog.

Since i didn't participate last week i am combining my post so there;s two weeks worth of books in my mailbox.
The Long Song by Andrea Levy was sent by Amy @ The Black Sheep Dances. She recommended the book so i am giving it a try. Amy has one of the best libraries on goodreads; great variations and genres but all of them are very interesting, intellectual reads like this one and i can't wait to dig in.


Peep Show by Joshua Braff came from Algonquin Books


The Sound of Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey also came from Algonquin Books

Under the Poppy by Kathe Koja was a Librarything Early Reviewers Win.


And i won The Brooklyn Follies, Timbuktu and The Man in the Dark  by Paul Auster on twitter from Picador USA.


Thanks to everyone who sent me books over the last two weeks. I cant wait to dig in. : )

HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!!


10 comments:

bermudaonion said...

They all look good, but the two Algonquin titles really catch my eye!

gautami tripathy said...

I like Paul Auster books.

Have a great reading week ahead! Here is my Monday: Mailbox/Whereaboutspost and You can also answer my question at my Musing Mondays post!

CMash said...

Have not heard of these titles, so will be looking forward to your reviews.
CMash

Alayne said...

Ah! I'm so jealous you got Under the Poppy. And The Long Song sounds amazing. Hope you enjoy your books! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Rose City Reader said...

I just finished Small Island by A. Levy. She is a wonderful writer.

Auster's New York Trilogy has been on my TBR shelf for a long time. I keep meaning to read it but never actually do.

I am hosting a give away on Rose City Reader for one of the books that came to my mailbox last week.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have not heard of any of these titles until now. These sound very interesting. Now I have more titles to check out! Enjoy!

Irene said...

happy reading.

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Lots of Paul Auster books!! I read Travels in the Scriptorium by him and did not like it.

The Long Song was good. Enjoy all of your books.

Alyce said...

I'll be curious to see what you think of the Snail book. It came to my attention, but I wasn't sure what I would think of it.

Lisa said...

You have some great books listed there! Have a great week of reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.