Monday, April 26, 2010

Bookventures Book Club update

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update you guys on the status of the book club. We currently reside in our own network over at Ning. However, a few weeks ago, Ning hired a new CEO and his entrance has sparked a few changes in the company. One of them is to phase out free networks.

Ning is offering network creators with free accounts, a chance to upgrade their sites to premium, paid ones. Unfortunately, I am not prepared to pay for a service that I have been receiving free for the past few months. As a result of these developments, the book club will be closed temporarily.

However, as Winston Churchill once said, “There is nothing wrong with change, once it is in the right direction” and this change with Ning has prompted me to start building our very own website. I am currently working with a web developer to get this plan on stream. Our new home will be open to several new features such as book reviews, member giveaways and author chats. Reading with the club will continue to be a key function on the website.

Once the website is completed I will be sure to update you further. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. I know that the book club has become a home for many of our members but I hope that you will continue to follow us through the blog as well as to our new home.

Your partner in reading,
Lesley

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I read about the changes at ning and I wonder who's going to be willing to pay for it. That's too bad.

Bookventures said...

yes, its really bad. Some of our favorite places on ning like Book Blogs are in jeopardy because of these changes.

Vicki said...

I just joined the book club a week or so ago and can't wait to visit it's new home.

Bookventures said...

Thanks vicki. I'll be sure to let you guys know when our new home is completed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.