Friday, February 19, 2010

New Beginnings

Welcome everyone to Bookventures Blog.

I hope everyone enjoy my ramblings. I am quite new to the world of blogging so please be gentle with me. Posts will be added on a weekly basis. So stay tuned to see what's new with the club.

This month, we are reading Carnival by Robert Antoni. I do hope everyone has been able to secure there copies of the book. Thus far i have gotten to chapter 13 and i cant wait to hear what everyone will make of the book. Let me give you a hint, the book is highly sexual and portrays a good idea of what Trinidad carnival is all about. I guess that the author was able to accurately depict the culture because he himself is also a caribbean man. Before i go too much into my discussion points, let me stop here and reiterate that if you would like to learn more about my country's premier festival, you should give this book a read.


The first blog is always the shortest (or so i have been told) so until next time, remember reading should never be a chore!


Your partner in reading,

Lesley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2011 Bookventures Book Blog. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.